Kraken Futures and Gunbot Partnership Announced
(source: https://blog.kraken.com )
Easy Algorithmic Trading with Kraken Futures and Gunbot
Kraken Futures is excited to announce a new integration with Gunbot, one of the oldest and most trusted algorithmic trading platforms in the crypto industry. Targeted at both professional and beginner retail investors, software applications such as Gunbot democratize access to precise and sophisticated trading strategies to anyone for the first time. Kraken has a long-standing relationship with Gunbot, as our spot exchange integrated with them back in 2016.
Now starting today, Gunbot’s 14,000 clients will be able to send orders directly to Kraken Futures to buy and sell contracts denominated in XBT, ETH, LTC, XRP, and BCH. They will also be able to take advantage of these key features:
- An industry-leading revenue share program in which we issue a 30% revenue share of net fees to our active traders every week
- 50x leverage
- Trading 24/7/365
- A high performance, low latency matching engine
If that wasn’t enough, on February 15th Gunbot is celebrating this integration with a $10,000 trading competition open to all Gunbot users. The proceeds will be distributed among the 100 top traders that will submit their orders on Kraken Futures exchange using Gunbot. Further updates and complete TOS and Privacy agreement will be published.
So, Tell Me How Algorithmic Trading Works
These platforms allow anyone to automate their trading strategies by setting up a program that interacts directly with an exchange, placing buy or sell orders according to rules (algorithms) you tell it to follow. Gunbot offers 15 different methods for executing an order and 150+ configurable parameters, so anyone can create a custom and sophisticated trading strategy.
What Are Some Specific Advantages?
- Encourages a more disciplined, rule-based approach to trading
- Trading rules can be back-tested against historical market data before you commit real money
- Removes the dangers of impulse and emotion from your trading
- Bots run 24/7, allowing you to take advantage of opportunities you might otherwise miss (while sleeping, eating, etc.)
- Monitor and trade multiple markets simultaneously
- Fast execution times allow you to react to quick market movements
What Specific Features Does Gunbot Offer?
Aside from the 15 different methods for executing an order and 150+ configurable parameters, Gunbot offers:
- Secure two-factor authentication (2FA) login procedures
- Telegram integrations to notify you in real-time when trades execute
- A TradingView integration that listens to incoming email alerts from tradingview.com and immediately executes orders at Kraken
- Support for 25+ different languages covering every major region in the world
I’m Sold, How Do I Get Started?
- Launch your Kraken Futures account: Here’s how
- Buy your Gunbot license: Here
- Download and install Gunbot: Here
- You will need to create an API key to connect to your Kraken Futures account: Here’s how
- Configure your trading strategy – see the Gunbot wiki for assistance
The Fine Print
- Although Gunbot is eligible to clients around the world, only traders domiciled in authorized jurisdictions will be able to send trades to Kraken Futures
Sign up today to make sure you are ready for the trading competition.
Thank you for choosing Kraken, the secure and trusted digital asset exchange.
The Kraken Team
Sign in to your Kraken account
P.S. Have you tried the Kraken Pro mobile app yet?
Download the Kraken Pro App from the App Store or Google Play:
Disclaimer: Kraken does not make recommendations on the suitability of a particular asset class, strategy, or course of action. Any investment or trading decision you make, including the installation and use of trading software, is solely your responsibility. Please consider your position and financial goals before making an independent investment or trading decision.
Title: Rise of the bots
Have you ever wondered what traders at large firms do all day? What are the basic strategies they run? How do they enter and exit positions?
Many years ago, the answers to these questions were closely guarded secrets; only the largest and most sophisticated firms had the resources to build and deploy complex trading strategies. But things have changed: we have seen the democratization of trading software, and with it, the rise of sophisticated automated trading bots that are available to individual users.
We broadly define trading bots as a piece of software that enables end-users to place and execute trades algorithmically according to a defined strategy. Trading bots are exciting because they bring many of the basic tools of a professional trader to the masses, and they are already a core part of the cryptocurrency trading ecosystem.
Trading bots generally offer three primary benefits:
● Connectivity: Trading bot providers have done the hard work of building API connections to many trading venues around the world. End-users simply input their exchange API keys into the trading software and can trade algorithmically.
● Automated order and execution management (OEMS): The trading bot software will automatically place and execute orders on behalf of the end-user, according to a preset strategy. The trading bot software will generally track the performance of the strategy and helps end-users manage their positions across exchanges.
● Trading strategies: Trading bots will come with one or more trading strategies that the end-user can configure. These strategies can range in complexity from something discrete like automating a trailing sell, up to something more complex and ongoing like mean reversal and trend following strategies that control all aspects of entering and closing positions.
Founded in 2016, Gunbot is one of the oldest and most trusted trading bots and serves more than 14,000 traders worldwide. We are proud to announce that Gunbot has integrated Kraken Futures into its trading platform.
Gunbot runs entirely client-side and is one of the more sophisticated trading bot platforms in the market today. Gunbot offers many pre-built trading strategies such as mean reversion and trend following, using 15 basic methods of order execution such as trailing stop/loss and purchasing an asset at a percentage from the Bollinger band.
Each Gunbot strategy can use 150+ configurable parameters, allowing for very personalized trading styles. These strategies and order execution types can be freely combined to build custom trading strategies and deployed across one or more cryptocurrency exchanges around the world.
Trading bots democratize access to sophisticated trading tools, and we believe they will be a cornerstone of cryptocurrency’s evolution over the coming years. We are proud to partner with Gunbot, and we are committed to supporting trading bot software vendors worldwide.